Comments Off on Insurance for landlords – What you should know

Buying properties to let can be an exciting business venture, there’s plenty of money to be made and many opportunities to invest.  Problems may arise however if a tenant has an injury or accident in your property which they deemed to be your fault, they may use the services of a no-win no-fee solicitor to pursue a compensation claim against you.  Without a fully comprehensive landlord insurance the cost of a successful compensation payment could be financially catastrophic to any landlord who hasn’t the right cover.

View prices

Choosing the right landlord insurance may not be very exciting, however viewing prices online with established brokers can save you money and provide comprehensive cover.  Insurance is not a one size fits all situation, all policies are different and so are the prices, you may have one property to let or a large property portfolio, so contact experienced insurance specialist online or by telephone to discuss your landlord insurance requirements in more detail.  Brokers can cater for many risk areas for instance:-

  • accidental damage
  • theft
  • malicious damage by tenants
  • an additional option, loss of rent cover too

Cover your rent

An increasing amount of tenants in rentable accommodation are finding it more difficult to pay their rent, the UK current economic downturn is hitting them hard as it is many home owners with mortgages too.  Debt counselling services have reported an influx in the number of tenants visiting them with rent problems concerning people living in housing association dwellings as well as private property landlord accommodation.  With this in mind it’s more important than ever to speak to brokers about covering your rent by buying loss of rent cover, it doesn’t cost much to buy and provides landlords with peace of mind knowing that their rental income is protected.

Request a quote

Request a landlord insurance quote today by completing an online application form, it’s quite straightforward if you follow the easy step-by-step instructions.  Landlords are faced with many challenges when it comes to letting out their properties, to deal with this it’s essential to find the right cover at the right price.  Brokers can offer landlord insurance for council lets, housing association lets, unoccupied properties, student lets and holiday lets.  They can arrange cover to include property owner’s liability, employer’s liability, building insurance, contents insurance along with tenants insurance too, give them a call today to start the ball rolling.